There’s No Reason To Live With Tooth Loss.
If you have stained, chipped, cracked, gapped, or broken teeth, we can brighten and repair most cosmetic flaws with porcelain veneers. Adding porcelain veneers to your smile is a straightforward procedure that can resolve several dental issues. In most cases, the process can be completed in just two visits to our Desoto office.
Welcome to DeSoto Family Dentistry!
Dr. Varkey and his team are dedicated to providing their patients with compassionate and comprehensive dental care. On this page, we will address frequently asked questions about porcelain veneers in DeSoto, TX, and provide detailed information to help you make informed decisions about your dental care.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells of tooth-colored material that attach to the front surfaces of your teeth to enhance their appearance. Veneers are able to address a variety of cosmetic issues, such as chipped, broken, discolored, or smaller-than-average-sized teeth. While some patients might only receive one veneer for a chipped or broken tooth, it is common to receive six to eight veneers on the top front teeth to ensure a symmetrical smile.
Who Is a Suitable Candidate?
Ideal candidates for porcelain veneers are those who:
- Have healthy teeth and gums
- Have good oral hygiene habits
- Have sufficient tooth enamel
- Are looking to correct cosmetic issues such as discoloration, chips, cracks, or gaps between teeth
- Have realistic expectations regarding the results.
During your consultation, Dr. Varkey will thoroughly evaluate your dental health and discuss your goals to determine if porcelain veneers are the right solution for you.
Why Porcelain Veneers Are So Popular
An Easy Procedure: Because they can treat a variety of cosmetic blemishes in a relatively straightforward procedure, veneers have become increasingly more popular in the world of cosmetic dentistry.
Natural Look and Feel: Porcelain also reflects light in the same way as natural tooth enamel, making your new smile appear naturally beautiful!
Customized For You: Your veneers are carefully designed and made to fit your facial features. They are designed and constructed to your exact specifications to blend in with your natural teeth to improve your overall facial appearance.
Porcelain veneers have other benefits, too:
- Strength and durability
- Easy to maintain
How Are Porcelain Veneers Applied?
The process of applying porcelain veneers typically involves three appointments at DeSoto Family Dentistry:
- Consultation: Dr. Varkey will discuss your goals, evaluate your dental health, and determine if porcelain veneers are the right solution for you.
- Preparation: A small amount of tooth enamel will be removed to create room for the veneer. An impression of your teeth will be taken and sent to a dental laboratory, where your custom veneers will be created. A temporary veneer may be placed on your tooth while you wait for your permanent veneers to be fabricated.
- Bonding: Once your custom veneers are ready, Dr. Varkey will bond them to your teeth using a strong dental adhesive. He will make any necessary adjustments to ensure a perfect fit and a natural-looking result.
How Much Do Porcelain Veneers Cost?
The cost of porcelain veneers can vary depending on several factors, including the number of veneers needed, the complexity of your case, and the specific materials used. On average, you can expect to pay between $900 and $3,000 per tooth for porcelain veneers in DeSoto, TX. It is important to note that dental insurance typically does not cover the cost of cosmetic procedures such as porcelain veneers. However, our team at DeSoto Family Dentistry will work with you to develop a payment plan that suits your budget. Please visit our Insurance & Financing page to learn more. We also accept major credit cards, cash, ATM cards, and personal checks. For specific cost information, please schedule an appointment so we can assess your options.
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
With proper care and maintenance, porcelain veneers can last for 10 to 15 years or even longer. The longevity of your veneers will depend on your oral hygiene habits, the quality of the dental materials used, and the skill of the dental professional who placed them. To ensure that your veneers last as long as possible, follow Dr. Varkey’s recommendations for care and maintenance.
How Do I Care For My Porcelain Veneers?
Caring for porcelain veneers is similar to caring for your natural teeth. To maintain the appearance and longevity of your veneers, follow these steps:
- Brush your teeth twice a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Floss daily to remove plaque and food particles from between your teeth.
- Visit DeSoto Family Dentistry for regular dental check-ups and professional cleanings.
- Avoid biting on hard objects such as ice or hard candy, as this can damage your veneers.
- If you grind your teeth at night, ask Dr. Varkey about a custom-made night guard to protect your veneers.
- Limit the consumption of staining foods and beverages, such as coffee, tea, red wine, and berries.
What if My Porcelain Veneer Chips or Falls Off?
If your porcelain veneer chips or falls off, contact DeSoto Family Dentistry immediately to schedule an appointment with Dr. Varkey. In some cases, a chipped veneer can be repaired, while in other cases, a replacement veneer may be necessary. If your veneer falls off, keep it in a safe place and bring it with you to your appointment. Dr. Varkey will assess the situation and recommend the best course of action to restore your smile.
Are There Any Alternatives to Porcelain Veneers?
Yes, there are several alternatives to porcelain veneers that can also improve the appearance of your smile. Some of these alternatives include:
- Composite bonding: A tooth-colored resin material is applied to the tooth and shaped to correct minor cosmetic issues such as chips, cracks, or discoloration.
- Dental crowns: A custom-made cap covering the entire tooth, providing cosmetic and restorative benefits.
- Orthodontics: Braces or clear aligners can correct misaligned teeth or close gaps between teeth, improving the overall appearance of your smile.
During your consultation, Dr. Varkey will discuss these options and help you determine which solution is best for your unique needs.
How do I schedule a consultation for porcelain veneers in DeSoto, TX?
To schedule a consultation, call DeSoto Family Dentistry at 972-223-8844, or contact us to request an appointment online. Our friendly and experienced team is dedicated to helping you achieve the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.
Get a Healthy Smile Today!
Contact us & plan your visit
To schedule a visit, fill out our appointment request form or call our office. We’re looking forward to seeing you!