Your Comprehensive Guide to Fastbraces® & Fastbraces Turbo in DeSoto, TX
At DeSoto Family Dentistry, we understand that a beautiful smile can do wonders for your self-confidence. That’s why we offer Fastbraces in DeSoto, TX, an innovative orthodontic solution that straightens your teeth faster than traditional braces. Our skilled dentists, Dr. Varkey and Dr. Siddiqui are committed to helping you achieve your dream smile with Fastbraces.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll answer all your questions about Fastbraces. So, let’s dive in and explore the world of Fastbraces!
What Are Fastbraces®?
Fastbraces® is a revolutionary orthodontic system that shortens the time it takes to straighten teeth compared to traditional braces. Developed by Dr. Anthony Viazis, Fastbraces uses a unique triangular bracket design and a specially-shaped wire that allows for faster tooth movement. This technology results in shorter treatment times and minimizes discomfort during the process.
How Do Fastbraces® Work?
Fastbraces employ a patented triangular bracket design, increasing the distance between the brackets. This allows for greater flexibility in the wire, leading to more efficient and faster tooth movement. Traditional braces typically move the crown of the tooth first, followed by the root. Fastbraces, on the other hand, move both the crown and root simultaneously, significantly reducing the overall treatment time.
What are the benefits of Fastbraces?
Fastbraces offer several advantages over traditional braces:
- Faster treatment time: The most significant benefit of Fastbraces is the reduced treatment time, which can range from three months to about a year, depending on the case’s complexity. Traditional braces can take up to two years or more to achieve the desired results.
- Less discomfort: Due to the unique bracket design and flexible wire, patients often report less discomfort during treatment with Fastbraces compared to traditional braces.
- Fewer dental visits: With Fastbraces, you’ll require fewer adjustment appointments, saving you time and making the treatment more convenient.
- Cost-effective: Fastbraces can be more cost-effective than traditional braces since the treatment time is shorter.
- Improved oral hygiene: With a shorter treatment time, there’s a reduced risk of oral hygiene issues arising from wearing braces for an extended period.
Are Fastbraces suitable for everyone?
Fastbraces can be an excellent option for most patients, including children, teens, and adults. They effectively treat various orthodontic issues such as crowding, spacing, overbites, underbites, crossbites, and open bites. However, the suitability of Fastbraces depends on the complexity of the case and individual patient needs. During your consultation at DeSoto Family Dentistry, Dr. Varkey or Dr. Siddiqui will assess your situation and determine if Fastbraces are the right choice.
How often will I need to visit the dentist during my Fastbraces treatment?
One of the advantages of Fastbraces is that they require fewer dental visits than traditional braces. Typically, patients must visit DeSoto Family Dentistry for adjustments every four to six weeks. However, the frequency of appointments may vary depending on your specific treatment plan. Dr. Varkey and Dr. Siddiqui will provide you with a customized schedule for your visits.
What is the cost of Fastbraces in DeSoto, TX?
The cost of Fastbraces can vary depending on the complexity of your case and the duration of your treatment. Generally, Fastbraces can be more cost-effective than traditional braces due to the shorter treatment time. At DeSoto Family Dentistry, we strive to make orthodontic treatment affordable for our patients. We offer various payment options and accept most dental insurance plans. During your consultation, our team will provide you with a detailed cost estimate and discuss payment options to help you make an informed decision.
Are Fastbraces painful?
While some discomfort is expected during any orthodontic treatment, Fastbraces are designed to minimize discomfort. The unique triangular bracket design and flexible wire contribute to less pain during the tooth movement process. Most patients find Fastbraces more comfortable than traditional braces. If you experience any discomfort, over-the-counter pain relievers and a soft diet can help alleviate the pain during the initial days of treatment.
How do I care for my teeth during Fastbraces treatment?
Maintaining good oral hygiene is crucial during Fastbraces treatment. Here are some tips for caring for your teeth while wearing Fastbraces:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day using a soft-bristle toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Spend extra time cleaning around the brackets and wires to remove plaque and food particles.
- Use a floss threader or orthodontic floss daily to clean between your teeth and under the wires.
- Rinse with an antimicrobial mouthwash to help reduce plaque and prevent gum disease.
- Visit DeSoto Family Dentistry for regular dental cleanings and checkups as recommended by Dr. Varkey or Dr. Siddiqui.
- Avoid hard, sticky, and chewy foods that can damage your brackets and wires.
How long does the treatment with Fastbraces take?
The treatment time with Fastbraces varies depending on the complexity of the case and the patient’s individual needs. Generally, Fastbraces treatment can take anywhere from three months to about a year. In some cases, patients may start seeing noticeable improvements in their smile within just a few weeks. During your initial consultation at DeSoto Family Dentistry, Dr. Varkey or Dr. Siddiqui will give you a more accurate estimate of your treatment time based on your specific orthodontic needs.
Currently, there are following two types of Fastbraces® available on the market:
- Classic series
- Turbo series.
With classic series braces, treatment time is around four-six months in duration. The turbo series is designed to achieve results in under 120 days.
Predictably, the turbo series is more costly than the classic series, requiring greater precision.
Fastbraces Turbo: Accelerate Your Path to a Perfect Smile
Fastbraces Turbo is an excellent option for those looking for even quicker results. Fastbraces Turbo is an advanced version of the Fastbraces system that offers even faster treatment times while maintaining the same high-quality results.
What is Fastbraces Turbo?
Fastbraces Turbo is a groundbreaking orthodontic treatment that builds on the already impressive Fastbraces technology. With an enhanced design and materials, Fastbraces Turbo provides a highly efficient solution for patients who desire rapid results without compromising the quality of their smile.
How does Fastbraces Turbo work?
Fastbraces Turbo utilizes the same patented triangular bracket design and specially-shaped wire as the traditional Fastbraces system. However, the Turbo version incorporates advanced materials and a modified treatment approach that enables even faster tooth movement. This accelerated process allows patients to complete their orthodontic treatment in an exceptionally short amount of time.
How long does the treatment with Fastbraces Turbo take?
The treatment time with Fastbraces Turbo varies depending on the complexity of the case and the patient’s individual needs. Fastbraces Turbo treatment can take as little as three to six months, making it an ideal choice for those who want to achieve their perfect smile in the shortest time possible. During your consultation at DeSoto Family Dentistry, Dr. Varkey or Dr. Siddiqui will evaluate your orthodontic needs and determine if Fastbraces Turbo is the right choice.
Are there any additional benefits of Fastbraces Turbo?
In addition to the shorter treatment time, Fastbraces Turbo offers several other benefits:
- Increased comfort: Fastbraces Turbo’s advanced materials and design help to minimize discomfort during treatment, making it even more comfortable than traditional Fastbraces.
- Fewer dental visits: With an accelerated treatment time, you’ll require even fewer adjustment appointments, saving you time and making the process more convenient.
- Enhanced aesthetics: Fastbraces Turbo uses tooth-colored brackets and wires, making them less noticeable than traditional metal braces.
- Retention: Just like the traditional Fastbraces system, Fastbraces Turbo patients will also receive a retainer to maintain their new smile after treatment.
What happens after my Fastbraces treatment is completed?
Once your Fastbraces treatment is completed, Dr. Varkey or Dr. Siddiqui will remove the brackets and wires. They will then provide you with a retainer to wear as instructed. The retainer helps maintain the new position of your teeth and prevents them from shifting back to their original positions. Following the retainer instructions carefully is essential to maintain your beautiful new smile.
Schedule Your Fastbraces Consultation in DeSoto, TX, Today!
Are you ready to transform your smile with Fastbraces in DeSoto, TX? Dr. Varkey and Dr. Siddiqui at DeSoto Family Dentistry are here to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Contact us today at 972-223-8844 to schedule your Fastbraces consultation and take the first step toward a beautiful, confident smile!
Get a Healthy Smile Today!
Contact us & plan your visit
To schedule a visit, fill out our appointment request form or call our office. We’re looking forward to seeing you!